Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 pm 

Quote:
You should look into running E98 on that setup in my opinion.

E98 is a good option as far as the compression, but when you get into the E98 it will require the same Maintenence that methanol requires...such as draining the system, spraying the carb with wd-40, yadda yadda yadda.....

the 15% fuel in E85 acts as a top lube and also helps in the combustion....If you run E85 you need a VERY strong ignition system because ethanol is harder to ignite than methanol is.

personally I would go with the E85 and fatten it up a bit if you need to just to prevent detonation ....but with E85 being as forgiving as it is, I doubt you will need to.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:37 pm 

drag chevette wrote:
Quote:
You should look into running E98 on that setup in my opinion.

E98 is a good option as far as the compression, but when you get into the E98 it will require the same Maintenence that methanol requires...such as draining the system, spraying the carb with wd-40, yadda yadda yadda.....

the 15% fuel in E85 acts as a top lube and also helps in the combustion....If you run E85 you need a VERY strong ignition system because ethanol is harder to ignite than methanol is.

personally I would go with the E85 and fatten it up a bit if you need to just to prevent detonation ....but with E85 being as forgiving as it is, I doubt you will need to.

From what I understand about the E85 properties, I would tend to agree. It would make me feel a little better knowing someone else has been running a while with higher compression with no issues. But it does make me feel better seeing all the boost guys running as high of boost as they are wiht no problems. I was just hoping down the road to possibly throw a little nitrous on it as well. Even though the motor doesn't need it, it's just a waste not to use it when you've got it.

Mark

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:42 pm 

I know its an import, but with 30# of boost it should show something....

check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT3P5Sb2us

Board index » Main » General Discussion