Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: 2009 KOTS RULES
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:14 pm 

OUTLAW CLASS...... 1/8th mile

* Street equipment: All competitors must have current street registration, a legal rear license plate with current registration decal, current proof of insurance, and a current valid driver's license. The VIN on the car must match the VIN on all associated paperwork. Dealer tags will be allowed as long as a current insurance card is available, and a current MO state inspection is present with vehicle that is no older than 03/01/2009. The following are required: working headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and horn, and a safety-glass windshield. Side windows must roll up and down in the manner designed by the factory

Exhaust: Mufflers are required

Tires: Any tire combination allowed.

Engine: The engine must be a gasoline/alcohol four-stroke piston or rotary type. Only one engine may be used. The engine must be self-starting, unassisted by a person other than the driver.

Chassis: any style chassis ok

Safety: All competitors must sign a wavier when teching in that releases Ozark Raceway Park from all legalities for this event

True street....1000'ft

Allowed vehicles: The only vehicles considered for the King of Street True Street Class are four-wheeled cars, trucks, and SUVs. They may be of domestic or import manufacture. No dragsters, buggies, or flip-up or lift-off bodies allowed. The only open-wheeled vehicles allowed are '34-and-older domestic vehicles and replicas thereof. This will be checked during tech

Street equipment: All competitors must have current street registration, a legal rear license plate with current registration decal, current proof of insurance, and a current valid driver's license. The VIN on the car must match the VIN on all associated paperwork. Dealer tags will be allowed as long as a current insurance card is available, and a current MO state inspection is present with vehicle that is no older than 03/01/2009. The following are required: working headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and horn, and a safety-glass windshield. Side windows must roll up and down in the manner designed by the factory.

Safety: All competitors must sign a wavier when teching in that releases Ozark Raceway Park from all legalities for this event

Tires: any tire combination is allowed as long as it does not exced that fits the OE wheel well. (frame notching allowed)

Engine: The engine must be a gasoline/alcohol four-stroke piston or rotary type. Only one engine may be used. The engine must be self-starting, unassisted by a person other than the driver.

Exhaust: Mufflers are required, race muffers ok. Turbo wastegates do not need muffled

Chassis and suspension: Stock style suspension required front and rear. Notching of the factory rear frame and mini tubs will be allowed. Bolt on from subframes ok (chevy II Alston style)

Interior: All interior should remain stock looking and functional with the exception of aftermarket guages and roll cages. Rear seat's may be deleted, passenger seat optional.

Exterior: A maximum of 3 pieces of aftermarket fiberglass will be permitted per vehicle unless it is original from the factory.

Rules for all Classes

Tools and supplies can be got from the trailers or support vehicle once the cars arrive at the track, BUT all changes must me made in the staging lanes. Refuel allowed once car arrives at the track;

Registration will begin @ 6:00pm at Logan Rogersville Upper Elementary School. We will stop registration @ 8:00pm. We will run two flights to Ozark Raceway Park for the event. The first flight will be @ 7:45pm for the Outalw Street cars, and the second flight will be @ 8:15pm for the True Street cars. Any cars not present and registered by 8:00 p.m. will not be allowed to compete. You can either drive your car to the registration location, trailer you car to the registration location, or leave your truck and trailer @ O.R.P. before hand and drive your car back to registration also. We reserve the right to move these times in due to weather or time of year also. If times are moved there will be a minimum warning of 48 hours in advance!

* The drive to the track will be roughly 10 miles in stop-and-go traffic. The route map will be disclosed and handed out during registration. There will be spotters and checkpoints along the route. Competitors will be disqualified for not following the required route, for missing a checkpoint, for opening the hood, for being pushed or towed, for passing the Ozark Raceway Park lead vehicle, or for falling behind the chase vehicle for any reason.

* Only official wrist banded drivers and passengers may ride in the cars to the track. The driver during the on-road competition may be different from the driver at the track.

* Chase vehicle or support vehicles of any kind may not accompany the competing vehicles during the drive to the track or assist the competitors while at the track.

* Upon arrival at Ozark Raceway Park, competitors will be directed into the staging lanes and held there for a cool-down period of no more than 30 minutes from when the chase vehicle arrives. During this time, toolboxes and parts must be unloaded from the vehicles.

*Rules for Competition are as follows. Competition will start @ 8:45pm for Outlaw Street and 9:00pm for True Street. All cars will run in a heads up single elimination format. All winners must go directly back in to there designated staging lanes and all hoods must remain closed once eliminations have started. You will be allowed to open trunks. There will be a minimum 15 minuet cool down time between rounds. The time will start when the last car enters the staging lane from the previous round. This is a winner take all format.

Now for the fun part.....

We will be running this format in Pinks style fashion. You will take the tree and be flagged off the line. We will have spoters on the starting line. if you jump the start you will be disqualified. There will be a winners light only and no scoreboards. You will have the option of a time slip though. This is a single elimination style format and the winners will return directly back to the staging lanes. If you do not return directly you will be disqualified. There will be no hoods opened once eliminations are started. If you do so you will be eliminated. The rules are very simple and should be easy to follow. If you have questions concerning the rules please ask before eliminations start!

We will also be running 3 index classes. The classes will be

10:50 No electronics. Trans brakes will be allowed as a launching device. No deep staging allowed. Random pairing.

12:00 No electronics. No deep staging allowed. Random pairing.

13:50 No electronics. No deep staging allowed. Random pairing.

All classes are to be run 1/4 mile with a 400 pro tree. Racing will start @ 10:30pm

The index classes will be run in heads up format. All standard ORP tech will apply for all index classes, and this will also be single elimination, winner take all in each class. With that all said......Spread the word !!!

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post subject: Re: 2009 KOTS RULES
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:26 pm 

I think I like the 10.50 index since I dont have a power adder at this time :thumbsup: I think an instant green would work better than flagging.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm 

I think you should recruit a hot girl to flag in a swim suit! lol

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:14 pm 

Nate wrote:
I think you should recruit a hot girl to flag in a swim suit! lol

Your just want that so the other drivers will be distracted at the line and we all know that you wouldn't be distracted becuase well you know :P

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 pm 

Just because I am *still* confused about the scheduling of this, I have to ask... when does this run? Is it before the Midnight Drags? Are the index races supposed to run DURING the midnight drags? Are you running two Midnights a month, or only one?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 am 

I'll have the final schedule out this week. There are officially two midnites per month and this is ran in conjunction with one of those

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am 

Ok, so I am not as confused as I thought I was!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:32 am 

so my mustang is an 86 and has full cov insurance, it runs a d-tag and i can not run king of street is this correct. but a 2009 car or truck can have a d-tag and ins and run makes no sence.

Last edited by 86STANGBANGER on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am 

I understand no opening the hood but can we have time to let the car cool or change bottles?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:55 am 

86STANGBANGER wrote:
so my mustang is an 86 and has full cov insurance, it runs a d-tag and i can not run king of street is this correct. but a 2009 car or truck can have a d-tag and ins and run makes no sence.

So where does it say that an '09 car or truck can run a D tag, let alone compete in this race? Me thinks the Mustang isnt really street legal??? C'mon Lony, you're grasping for straws. I could drop another 20lbs by removing my windshield wipers, but "street legal" cars have windshield wipers too.

Board index » Main » General Discussion