Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: PRO STREET
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 am 

ANYONE INTERESTED IN INFO ABOUT PRO STREET CALL KEVIN BROWN 417-689-1200

Post subject: Re: PRO STREET
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:39 pm 

Thanks Alton And Kevin. ORP should not Kill the class until they give it a shot!! They may have the money and the time to promote the track like it has needed for many years...
I have contacted many that run our class last year and it sounds like we could have 8-10 cars this year... tHAT IS IF WE HAVE A TRACK commeted to running Pro Street.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 pm 

ALTON wrote:
ANYONE INTERESTED IN INFO ABOUT PRO STREET CALL KEVIN BROWN 417-689-1200

Sounds Good
Rules Ideals
! Run Powerglide or Turbo trans. (no lenco, bruno,libertys)
2 Must have tail lites and brake lite
3 Must run mufflers or inserts.
4 Can only run 1 power aider. (no multi nitrous or 2nd Power aid)
5 Must have min weight of ?
6 If blown can not run a supercharger bigger than 8-71

just my thoughts
willie 918-724-0941

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:08 pm 

I have raced my 65 Mustang in this class long ago.
I know I should stay out of this but it is the only class a FAST Super Pro Car can add a bottle and run Heads up.

:peel: :peel: Thanks John I love this burnout guy. :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 pm 

:soapbox: When the light weight pro stock full tube chassis cars IE: Bickel ,Hass, Ness, etc started running pro street because they could not hang with the pro mod cars pro street started it's long painful death.It was an easy payday for those cars because most of the old cars were running 4.80's to 5.20's we always had more that 20 cars a race.A year later there were a bunch of 4.50 cars that ran pro mod the year before. The next year there was a 4.20 car running. Does anyone remember the shoot out that the pro street winner was a tenth faster than the pro mod winner .....I do. At that time all you had to do to be a pro street car was to have head lights tail lights and a 50 dollar set of inserts in the headers.

When i built my new car i could have been a pro street hero but i wanted to run with the big dogs even know i was slower than most i had fun won a few races and was proud of what i did with something i built myself.

In my opinion look at the outlaw street rules there is your pro street class. Come out and support that class and if there are enough cars I'm sure they would spin it off and make a heads up class!!!!!!!!!!! ps i would go 1 step more and make them do 3 back to back runs to prove there street car worthiness. :soapbox:

Ok attack away

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 pm 

I would like to see pro street return, if some rule adjustments were made (even though
I use a old lenco cs1 trans.) I do know ther cars out their that would just like a fair
shot at being competitive.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:28 pm 

:thumbsup: Count us in on Pro-Street!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 pm 

Terry Hudgens wrote:
:thumbsup: Count us in on Pro-Street!!!!!!!!

I need a way to contact you, such as a phone number or cell number, so we can get a list of cars that want to run prostreet.
Kevin Brown 689-1200

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm 

O Back in the day when Jim ran pro street and there were 20 cars and Pro Mod had 25, 10.5 outlaw had 32 and soda cost a nickel we all walked to school up hill (both ways) ah the good old days!!! Those day are long gone OIR couldnt get 16 cars in any class the last few years. Light weight cars has always been the racing theme Build em light and build em fast. What difference does it make to anyone else? Watching a bracket race is boring but that dont mean they shouldnt have a class to race in!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 pm 

Dustin wrote:
O Back in the day when Jim ran pro street and there were 20 cars and Pro Mod had 25, 10.5 outlaw had 32 and soda cost a nickel we all walked to school up hill (both ways) ah the good old days!!! Those day are long gone OIR couldnt get 16 cars in any class the last few years. Light weight cars has always been the racing theme Build em light and build em fast. What difference does it make to anyone else? Watching a bracket race is boring but that dont mean they shouldnt have a class to race in!!!!!!!!!

...Well it was 2001 pop was a buck and i drove my camaro to school. And you hit the nail right on the head get your car lighter and faster and join us in pro mod piece of cake right :bringit:

Board index » Main » General Discussion