Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: PRO STREET
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:11 pm 

i talked to brain pailette today, he said he was a little upset about not having pro-street class this year, he worked hard on his car all winter, it will not fit in outlaw 10.5, and its not quick enough for pro mod :?

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:17 pm 

I am going to defend the track on this one.....

With every class that is added to accommodate all the varied style of cars, adds to the overall purse...

Heads up Classes do not pay for themselves the way Bracket classes do..

I do not know what the payouts at Ozark so I will use some hypotheticals..

Pro Mod $1500 W, 600 R/U, $250 Semi. $2600

Outlaw 10.5 $1000 W, $400 R/U $150 Semi $1700

True 10.5 $750 W, $300 R/U $100 Semi $1250

Drag Radial $600 W, $250 R/U $75 Semi $1000

True Radial $400 W, $150 R/U $50 Semi $650

Overall Cost for 5 classes $7200..... @ $10 per person that is 720 people just to break even,

Now add another Class (does not really matter what class) but lets say Pro Street paid the same as Outlaw 10.5 that would mean that 170 more people would have to com to the race just because that class is there... I know I did not add the money that racer entries add but I also did not add the expenses that it takes to run the race...

Pro Street has not had good car counts, but those cars are no different that Pro Mods other than running a different trans... It is juts not Financially feasible to keep a class that is just costing the track money...

Now Here is my suggestion for those of you who would like to see a Pro Street class survive.. Organize yourselves, There are Tracks that would love to have a show that would be more affordable than a Pro Mod show but look just like one..When you have a following, maybe Ozark will look at booking you back in..

The sad fact of Drag Racing in the current era is that the spectator counts are dropping..
So that leaves 3 Alternatives for events that rely on Spectators to pay the bills..

#1 Lower Purses
#2 Drop Some Classes
#3 Raise the entry fees..

Or some combination of all of them...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 pm 

Ok lets go back in the day,Jim went from a injected bb, blown sb,single turbo electronic fuel injection, I dont think we need to bag on jim about (in the days) Unlike what it looks like Jim isnt rich, he just bust his butt working on the side to go race. He works hard to promote the track, tried to help pro street for years, let the new owners do what they think will work, because it hasent worked letting it go like it has, And yes Im a nut hugger LOL, Where were all these racers the last few years when the class was dieing, Its like sales, you do the take a way and they all want it back!!!!!!! DING DING round 4 !!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 am 

I have nothing aginst Jim. But when he left Pro Street he has knocked the class from then on. Everybody works hard so they can race for fun. Jim has done good things on his own. If you dont like the class dont run it. Pro Street cars may look like Pro Mod cars but so do 10.5 cars. The only differance visualy is a lack of wheele bars. The only differance from a No-E car and a Super Pro Doorcar is a trans brake. I dont think those classes should be combined.
What does it matter to others if there is Pro Street or not? It shouldnt.

Good day.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 am 

dustin call me 918-724-0941

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 am 

Your right, lets just blame it on Jim,its his fault there are no cars, its his fault the chances bought the track, heck Im sure he wrote the rules, now that thats setteled, why dont you figgure out how you can help make a new class or change some rules or something, becauce the cring and moaning isnt helping the class, ...good day... :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:47 am 

Dustin wrote:
I have nothing aginst Jim. But when he left Pro Street he has knocked the class from then on. Everybody works hard so they can race for fun. Jim has done good things on his own. If you dont like the class dont run it. Pro Street cars may look like Pro Mod cars but so do 10.5 cars. The only differance visualy is a lack of wheele bars. The only differance from a No-E car and a Super Pro Doorcar is a trans brake. I dont think those classes should be combined.
What does it matter to others if there is Pro Street or not? It shouldnt.

Good day.

All i know is i was in final round at the 3 of the 4 big shoot outs running 4.80's the very next year the slow pro mod cars that never ran pro street before put inserts in there headers then i got out run by a half a second and never made past 1 st round. I was building a new car so i was lucky the other slower cars quit and never came back. I had Phil and Wes ask me several time what can we do to save pro street and gave my opinons the big one was it needed to be a backhalf class or put a weight break on them even offered my scales !!! But i got the same answer we cant do that because lee, delmer ,and dave pierce would not be able to run it.

And Dustin if you and the other guys are so hard core on pro street why was there only one car in pro street points. How many times in the last few years were there only 2 or 3 cars running in it. lol the first year Keith raced his 55 he had his brothers bracket motor in it running 5.50's he was running pro mod they asked him to run pro street because they only had 2 cars running he got 3 RD Jamond had a bad ass backhalf 69 camaro 3500 lbs went 5.0's he got tired of running 4.30 pro mod street cars he stepped up and we built his 63 vett pro mod

If pro street ever does come back i can just about guarantee it will be a backhalf class so your still out.So you guys can do what everybody else had done in the last 5 years 1# built more power and go faster or 2# stop racing because you cant keep up. because option 3# do nothing and run pro street is gone !

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm 

It is not Jims falt for the lack of cars, We did not enter points because there were 3 drivers in one car we did not want to interfere with the other drivers in the points I did not know that Lee was the only one in the points or I would have put my name in the hat and supported the points fund. Not everyone wants to run Pro Mod. Willie Brainerd had a Pro Mod car at home and came to run Pro Street because he was was tired of the cost and maint. of a Pro Mod. :popcorn:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:21 pm 

Willie has a Top Sportsman car now...

Would be an easy fix for the "Pro Street" guys.....

Either fast Bracket or a Quick Index for those guys that do not want to spend "Pro Mod" Money....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:58 pm 

THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF WAYS TO CHANGE THE RULES AND EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION I RUN PRO MOD AND DONT FEEL AS I HAVE A SAY IN IT AT ALL BUT I DO HAVE FRIENDS WHO HAVE SPENT ALL WINTER AND MONEY THEY DONT HAVE TO GET A CAR READY TO RUN A CLASS THAT HAS BEEN CANCELED A MONTH BEFORE RACING BEGINS IF IT WERE OCTOBER THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ALL WINTER TO CHANGE OR GET OUT BUT I JUST HATE TO SEE A GUYS WHO LOVE TO RACE AND ARE NOT ABLE TO SUPPORT A PRO MOD DEAL SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY TO RUN WHAT THEY CAN AND BE FORCED TO SELL OUT BECAUSE THEY NOW DONT FIT AS FOR THE PAY OUT I AS A BUSSINESS MAN AGREE THAT CERTIN THINGS HAVE TO BE DONE TO HELP THE BUSSINESS AND LETS FACE IT AT THE END OF THEY DAY THIS RACE TRACK IS NO DIFFERENT THAT A BURGER STAND IT HAS TO BE PROFITABLE BUT I THINK IF ALL WHO ARE WILLING TO RUN PRO STREET WAS APROCHED WITH AN OFFER OF PAYOUT BE IT AS SMALL AS ENTRY FEE BACK FROM WHAT I HEAR THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH THEM UNTIL THEY HAVE THE CHANCE TO PROVE THEY CAN PUT AS MANY CARS AS THEY SAY THEY CAN IN THE LANES

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion