Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: PRO STREET
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:40 pm 

And then it goes right back to the same old story, Where Have They Been While The class was dieing,Did you ever think about if the Chances didnt buy the track, that it mite not even be there,Then where would we race, I remember when it shut down for years, and we had to drive a long ways to race, Some things have to change, with people the economy, there are allready going to have a hard time getting cars, so people promising to come, just like they have in the past doest pay the bank,or payments. One preson in the points, come on that should tell you something right there! Remember Palmers saying ( I live in the SHOMESTATE) so sho me where the cars are, because every time I lookup there was only a handfull, And I love racing and alot of these people are my freinds too, fix whats broken again and let all race.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm 

ELIMINATING THE CLASS DOES NOT FIX IT TELLING THE RACERS TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND PAYING WHAT IS REASONABLE FOR THE CAR COUNT IS IF IT IS NOTHING FOR TWO CARS AND MAKE THEM GO TO PRO MOD OR A FULL PAYOUT FOR A FULL FEILD THIS LEAVES IT ALL UP TO THE RACERS AND DONT PUT PEOPLE LIKE MCCOY AUTO GROUP AND DUSTIN CLINE AS WELL AS OTHERS WHO HAVE FAITHFULLY BEEN THERE ALL THE TIME WITH NO CHANCE AT ALL PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES KEVIN IS A WORKING GUY LIKE US ALL AND LOVES TO RACE HE HAS BEEN AT EVERY SHOOT OUT SINCE THEY BOUGHT THE CAR AND HE HAS WORKED ALL WINTER SPENDING MONEY HE HAS TO WORK HARD FOR AND NOW HE HAS TO PUT THE CAR O EBAY AND BECOME A SPECTATOR AND THIS IS NOT JUST ONE GUY I HAVE HEARD THIS SAME STORY ABOUT SEVERAL GUYS IF PRO STREET IS DEAD THEN IT IS DEAD BUT WHAT WOULD BE WRONG WITH LETTING THE RACERS DECIDE THAT ALL IT WOULD COST THE TRACK IS A FEW ENTRY FEES TO FIND OUT

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:07 pm 

I think you need to go back over my post I never said put up or shut up, I mite of said fix whats broke,

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm 

AND TO YOU ALSO I NEVER SAID ANY THING ABOUT YOU SAYING PUT UP OR SHUT UP I SAID IT AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN PRO STREET IS DYING BECAUSE OF CAR COUNT AND IF THEY DONT WANT IT TO DYE THEY NEED TO GET OUT AND RACE OR ACCEPT THAT THE CLASS IS NOT THERE THIS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED VERY EASILY BY SETTING A MININUM CAR COUNT FOR THE CLASS TO RUN TELL THEM IF LESS THAN FOUR CARS SHOW UP BE PREPARED TO RUN PRO MOD OR GO HOME IF FOUR TO SIX CARS SHOW UP THEN THEY WILL RACE FOR ENTRY FEE MONEY IF MORE THAN SIX SHOW UP THEY WILL RUN FOR PURSE THIS WILL PUT IT IN THE RACERS HANDS COMPLETLY THEN IF NO ONE SHOWS NO ONE CAN BE MAD AT THE TRACK CAR MININUM AND MONEY COULD BE SET BY TRACK I JUST USED NUMBERS I DID FOR EXAMPLE AND LIKE I SAID THIS WOULD COST VERY LITTLE THEN IF NO PRO STREET RACERS SHOW UP FOR THREE OR SO RACES KILL THE CLASS AND IT COULD BE SAID WE TRIED OUR BEST

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:41 pm 

Thanks Alton, That's pretty much what we've done.

That is why this thread was started and still exist is to see if there are truly enough racers that would run PS in the existing form.

I have remained silent in this just to see what the response would be.

To stop any rumors, here is the track's position:

We have told the PS racers that we would potentially have a class that would run for their combined entry fee if they can put together an eight car field. If they don't, they will be combined with ProMod. The ball is in their court.

The decision to combine Big Tire and Pro Street was not an easy decision. The car counts in both were down last year. We feel like it was due to a poor economy and high fuel prices. Although fuel prices are dramatically down, the economy is still very poor. By combining the two classes, we hope to have a full field in ProMod.

I have been at OIR/ORP for the past 4 years and PS has been nothing but a match race for a couple of cars. In 2008, one car entered PS points and was awarded a Gold card (free entry for 2009). Pretty smart on his part, pretty stupid on the track's part. BTW, We are honoring it.

We've asked the potential PS cars to show up and run in 2009. Not showing up in 2009 will accomplish not having PS in 2010 either.

For obvious reasons, we couldn't have made any annoucement about combining classes any sooner.

Now for my personal feelings:

:soapbox: AHEMMM.....

At my first race at ORP, Street Machines 2005, I entered Big Tire. I had my bro's injected 540 bbc in my car and it ran 5.50's. I didn't qualify so Phil ask if I'd consider running PS since they only had 3 cars (in a great economy) . I said ok and got eliminated 1st round and ended up 3rd. WoooHooo !!!! I got next to last !!!! is the way I looked at it.

Well, three weeks later I had my BAE blown hemi in it and ran 4.30's. They didn't invite me then...what happened ??? Anyway, I've been getting my butt kicked ever since and haven't won a single round. But I'm having a blast and plan to run as hard as I can this year and who know's what will happen. Eddie has been track champ for the past two years running consistent 4.16 to 4.25. He has proven that you don't have to be the fastest. I vote that we change his name from Fast Eddie to Steady Eddie !!!

It would be great in 2010 to have two classes....but my idea would be a blown class and a nitrous class. I'm not in any way saying that will happen but I really like the ADRL set up.

I poofed a thread today that was basically running down the track and IMO out of line. Constructive post like Alton's are fine. Differing opinions like Dustin's are fine. Running down the track will get you poofed and eventually banned. The Chance's have spent alot of $$$ on the track and this board. This board is their property, you might even call it their house.....Don't trash ORP in their own house.

We are doing our best in these tough economic times. There are alot of difficult decisions that are made and being made because of the economy. People are passionate about racing and that's the way it should be but try to look at the big picture and realize that just because things are the way they are right now doesn't mean that they won't change when the economy picks back up. How many business' out there haven't had to make tough decisions ? I know I have...it ain't easy to lay-off your employees especially when they are your friends too. It ain't easy to basically eliminate a class when some of your friends are running that class either.

OK, I feel better. I'm off my soapbox now.

Let's race !!!!

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:48 pm 

Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 pm 

I for one hope it works out for the class and alot of cars show up more racers = more spectators. Now it lies in the hands of the racers.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm 

I have noticed there are 2 groups of bring pro street back 1 group is the stasis quo of cars that are running now basically a pro mod ''B'' feature and the other group that wants backhalf only cars........... The track has made an offer if you can get 8 cars together consistently they would take a look at again it so i guess it put up or shut up time now !!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:21 pm 

Post of the year by 55promod LOL

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm 

Nate wrote:
Post of the year by 55promod LOL

Yes it was I think it should be stuck at the top !!!!!! :peel: :peel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion