Heads Up Rules
Rules for Street Car Grudge Racing
- The intent of this class is to race real street cars, not street driven race cars with license plates.
- ORP general safety rules must be followed and proper driver equipment for speed and ET worn on all runs.
- All vehicles must have current tags (NO Dealer Tags) and current proof of insurance.
- This event will be run on a 1000 ft track until such time that the race director feels the contestants are too fast for the conditions. The race distance can be changed at any time if the ET's and MPH's dictate a change.
- This will be a 10 position "LIST"
- There will be a maximum of three rounds of pairings per grudge race event.
- This event will be run on a .400 pro tree.
There will be no scoreboard displays of ET and MPH.
Time slips will be cut in half, drivers will only receive their half
- Anyone can join the action at any scheduled race, BUT, you will be paired with the lowest present vehicle on "THE LIST" and race each vehicle on the ladder on your way up to your best position.
- All cars need to retain OEM floor pans, firewall, and frames/frame rails.
- All cars need to retain a somewhat stock appearing interior.
- Suspension modifications are allowed but NO back half or full tube chassis.
- All cars must have mufflers/exhaust dumps routed under the floor pan. NO exhaust exits through the front fenders, hood, or other front end body parts of the vehicle.
- Any type of rear tires may be used, BUT, they must be installed on the drive axles of the vehicle prior to the street driving portion of the event.
- All vehicles must be able to drive from the ORP staging lanes to Hwy 60 and back with no stops or cool downs.
All vehicles must return DIRECTLY to the staging lanes upon return to ORP.
Minimum cool down and refuel time will be allowed in staging before racing begins.
- All electronic tuning aids and laptop computers must be unhooked and stored before leaving the ORP staging lanes.
NO electronic/laptop computer tuning allowed during the duration of the street grudge event.
NO manual tuning allowed (ie. timing changes,jet/pill changes, nitrous system changes, boost changes, etc.) during the duration of the street grudge event.
Refueling and nitrous bottle changes only will be allowed.
- All vehicles that "just made a pass" will get 20 minutes for transmission/convertor cool down before the next pairing.
- In order to have the maximum amount of racing and the maximum amount of pairings in each round, all vehicles present will be paired by the race director.
- Vehicles that are present will be paired from the bottom of "THE LIST" to the top. If there is an odd number of vehicles, the highest vehicle will get a first round bye run. NOT PRESENT vehicles can only get bumped down one position per round.
- All new vehicles hoping to win a position on "THE LIST" will be paired together in the first round to determine who will be the first to challenge the lowest vehicle present.
- These rules can be amended at any time by the race director.
EXAMPLE #1: Car #4 is not present, so car #5 may be paired with car #3. If car #5 loses the match, positions remain the same. If car#5 wins the match, he becomes car #3 and the losing car becomes #4. Previous car #4 becomes #5 or gets bumped down because he is not present.
EXAMPLE #2: Car #10 is not present, so a new car may be paired with car #9. If the challenger loses the match, positions remain the same. If the challenger wins the match, he becomes car #9 and the losing car becomes #10. Previous car #10 gets bumped off because he is not present.