Heads Up Rules
Drag Radial Rules
Changes highlighted in Yellow
Please also read the ORP General Rules which apply to all races conducted at Ozark. For Non-ORP races, the sanctioning body rules of the track the event is being held at apply.
- Any automotive engine is permitted, OEM bore space blocks only.
- Exhaust: Mufflers required on all combinations except turbos. Exhaust exiting ahead of
front tires allowed, but must not affect timing or staging beams. No Zoomies.
- Fuel: Cars must run on gasoline. Alcohol is permitted & will be considered as a power adder.
- Induction: Drag Radial Cars are allowed the use of ONE power adder. Example: 1 Blower, 1 Turbo, Single Stage N.O.S. System, or Alcohol (Exception- Small Blocks can run multiple stage Nitrous)
- Exception: Alcohol acceptable with use of a carburetor & therefore not considered a power adder”
- Maximum Turbo Size: 88mm (adapter horns are acceptable) Must pass go/no go gauge
- Maximum Procharger Size: F-1R or comparable. F2 legal with 3.875 inlet reducer,
mounted no further away than the original inlet flange. F2R & F1X is not legal!
- Engine diaper or NHRA-accepted belly pan for oil containment required.
Frame & Suspension:
- Cars must maintain the factory frame. Frame rails must be located in factory position.
- Chassis bracing and reinforcing is permitted.
- Ladder bars are not permitted.
- Factory four links are acceptable. Aftermarket four links are illegal!
- Minor frame notching will be allowed.
- Any bolt on K-Member or front sub-frame allowed with original suspension mounting points.
- Front frame rails must be in original OEM location.
- Front suspension components may be replaced with after-market bolt-on parts.
- NO WHEELIE BARS!
- Base Weight: 3000 lbs (all combos)
- Commercially available “Name Brand” drag radial tire factory labeled 315/60R15 (or smaller) or a True 10.5 x 28 slick.
- The cars should have stock appearing interiors.
- Cars must have WORKING headlights and tail lights.
- Cars must have coolant overflow tank and secured battery mounts mandatory.
- Rules subject to review at anytime. Competitors will have a 30 day compliance period should there be any new rules.
- Fiberglass hoods, fenders, bumpers, doors and deck lids will be the only fiberglass body parts allowed.
- Lexan windows allowed, must maintain factory appearance.
- Cars will run on a .400 pro tree, for an 1/8th mile.
- All cars must be able to pass track’s tech inspection – NO EXCEPTIONS.