No E class/stick shift questions

General Racing Discussion Area

Moderator: opnwhl23

62ChevyII

No E class/stick shift questions

Postby 62ChevyII » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Howdy, new guy here. I'm in Wichita, KS. but we have a place near Ava, Mo. too and we might drag my car down to Ozark in the hopefully not too distant future. I have a couple questions.

I'm one of those hard headed stick shift guys and so I normally run No E class when bracket racing. My question is about the rev limiter rule shown on your brakcket racing rules page. It says:

"•Two or three step rev limiters are prohibited. Single stage rev limiter is acceptable but cannot be used as a launching device. Clutch launched, stick shift vehicles may use line lock on starting line to prevent vehicle from rolling.
•Clutch launched, stick shift vehicles may use single stage rev limiter to control starting line RPM."

Does this mean I can't run a 2 step (1 step for controlling launch RPM and the 2nd step to protect the engine from over revving)? I have my line lock and the 1st step of the rev limiter connected to a button on the shifter which when released, lets off the brake and lets the engine rev up to the shift point RPM and then, if I am tardy on the shift, it will hit the 2nd step RPM limiter. None of this launches the car which is only accomplished by letting the clutch pedal out. Believe me... the car will move with the button still pushed, just don't ask how I know this, lol. :oops:

Are there many stick shift cars in the area of your track? I was surprised to learn a few years ago that "The Ozark Mountain Super Shifters" aren't even in the Ozarks! :shock:

Thanks in advance!
Russ :peel:
Pegasus

Re: No E class/stick shift questions

Postby Pegasus » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 pm

ORP will run a few Stick Shift classes this year.
I'm not in charge of the rules but I think your car would legal to run No E.
Bring it down to a stick race we all have a lot of fun.
THEY dont know WHAT they dont know.
62ChevyII

Postby 62ChevyII » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 am

Hey thanks for the reply! It's good to hear there's some stick shift classes occasionally! :thumbsup:
opnwhl23

Postby opnwhl23 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Stick shift class will be run at both Nostalgia races this year for sure. Those dates are May 14 and September 24. I will look into the rules on the 2 step.....currently as our rules read, you are only allowed one rev limiter but I can see that would be a problem if you are trying to go to the floor at the starting line as well as have over rev protection. AL
62ChevyII

Postby 62ChevyII » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:52 pm

62ChevyII

Postby 62ChevyII » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:04 pm

I didn't make it down there for the May 14th race because we had a death in the family and it just didn't work out. Is there still a Stick shift class planned for the Sept 24th race? I'm hoping to make it down there if it works out.
Pegasus

Postby Pegasus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:33 pm

:peel: Yes the stick cars will run that weekend.
THEY dont know WHAT they dont know.
62ChevyII

Postby 62ChevyII » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Well, it was nice to meet you guys and finally get to run at ORP, we had a great time! Thanks for having a stick shift class! :peel:

Hopefully I can get my clutch dialed in better before next time :bang: :oops: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”