2015 Rules Changes Highlighted in Yellow
Please also read the ORP General Rules which apply to all races conducted at Ozark. For Non-ORP races, the sanctioning body rules of the track the event is being held at apply.
Engine & Drivetrain:
- Any power adder acceptable.
- Must run a collector style header. (no zoomies)
- Any motor combination acceptable.
- Engine diaper for oil containment is required.
Base Weight 2800
- Deduct 200 lbs for Nitrous Oxide
- Deduct 200 lbs for Small Blocks
- Deduct 400 lbs for Naturally Aspirated
- Add 200 lbs. for Twins, Screws, and 5″ and bigger bore space blocks
These weight breaks are to be compounded or added together.(i.e. A naturally aspirated small block gets a 200 lb break for being a small block plus a 400lb break for being naturally aspirated meaning it can run at 2200 lbs.
More examples -4.84 Bore Space Big Block Chevy on Nitrous 2600 lbs.
Twin Turbo Small Block 2800 lbs.
Twin Turbo Big Block 3000 lbs.
5″+ bore space Big Block with Screw Blower 3000 lbs.
Body & Suspension:
- Funny car or one piece bodies not allowed even if equipped with doors.
- Maximum front end overhang of 45” as measured from centerline of front spindle.
- An approved extension may be used to reach 45” if the front end overhang of the body is less than 45”.
- Doors required! Doors must be functional and able to be opened from both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Cars will run on a .400 pro tree, for an 1/8th mile.
- All cars must be able to pass track’s tech inspection – NO EXCEPTIONS.